Sunday, August 14, 2011

Go hug a teacher for me, please.

WOW.
That's the best description of this week.
Just, WOW.

I can officially say I've been a teacher for one week- yay! :)

I can also officially say I have more work to do than there is time in a day :(

All in all I loved getting to know my students and diving into the material I'm teaching. I have learned SO much in one week myself, it's incredible. I decided that's one of the reasons I became a teacher, I love to learn. The students and the school is really great so far. One of my favorite things to do in life is just love and care for people and I have so many opportunities to do that here!

Please pray for focus and determination for me to plan all that I need to and for a change in how I view planning. I struggled a bit with anxiety and stress at the beginning of the week with all the new responsibilities and schedules and things to know and do, but I needed to go through that. I need to let go and let God. Lord, shift my focus. Mold me. Show me how to trust in You and not in my own strength and abilities.

"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
In my distress I called to the Lord, I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."
Psalm 18.

Oh, and please go hug a teacher for me. They deserve it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Emily. You've always been good at planning yet being flexible.
    Also...I'm thinking I need an ex-roomie reunion in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam that would be most awesome!!! Definitely must go down. Thanks for the prayers :)

    ReplyDelete